Monday, May 26, 2014

I See Fabric and Potential

You all know I've been clearing things out of my closet and in my latest charity drop off I made the mistake of going in to the store.  I saw this skirt, and I couldn't see anything except the inky black color (which I am a sucker for), the fiber (linen), and the bias embellishment.... I thought how much would a yard of this cost me?  It followed me home.

image

I can't wear it as is, the bias has stretched out and the yoke really looks tired on the body, but fear not, we will make this into something cute.

image

It could be a tent dress, just kidding, see this is where I need your help, I almost considered this.

image

How about if I cinched in the waist?
image

No, no, no.... if it were a silk that would be another story altogether, I have been fooled by this dress form before and it's not getting me again.

OMG put it back together, what have I done?
More tomorrow.....
image


No comments: