Thursday, May 15, 2014

Shorts for Summer Vogue 2532

This pattern has been around for ages, but I needed a pair of basic shorts that were flat fronts, long enough to cover my legs, and were just a step up from casual to wear with a growing collection of fine gauge knit tops in my wardrobe (that are never worn, until now, yay!).   Vogue 2532 was in the pattern stash, a project that was cut and put away in November, I remember having made my adjustments, (for a flat bottom / sway back,  short rise), so these did not fit me perfectly out of the envelope.  The only thing that bothered me was the length of the zipper, it looks very long, the pattern calls for a 7" zip, and once you add the topstitching it finishes around 8".  I don't know if it's that I've gotten used to the shorter rise, but these fall at the true waist, and took a bit of getting used to.  The pattern also called for tiny slits on the outside seams which I left off.  I do like the style of short, and will wear it for a bit and see if it needs a sister in another color.  The fabric is a Zegna cotton twill, purchased during an online sale at Michael's Fabrics / A Fabric Place.  I purchased just one yard, so was happy to get a garment out of it.


Vogue 2532







Vogue have put out a newer pattern with a contoured waist that might be worth looking into Vogue 9008







No comments: