Saturday, June 29, 2013

Summer Gingham Check Dress Vogue 1236

Just  a little run around dress, with two side seam pockets (I love pockets), to wear with a summer sweater.
  The tucks were reconfigured on my dress to look more like the pattern envelope.  

Vogue 1236 front


It will be residing under my linen sweater for summer.


Vogue 1236 with sweater


I am taking a much closer look at pattern envelopes these days, as many times the photo's don't match exactly to the pattern inside.  I was really surprised that this being such a simple dress was no exception.
The tucks on the front neckline show varying angles on the photograph.  The line drawing comes a bit closer to how the tucks are configured on the pattern, which is one dart, and three parallel tucks on either side.

It may be difficult to see here but it is clearer on the actual envelope.
Vogue 1236 pic

Vogue 1236 pic tucks

Vogue 1236 line drawing

I added waistline tucks on my version to give me more vertical lines, that are supposed to be slimming.


vogue 1236 waist tucks


I like how the adjusted tucks shape themselves around the bust.


Vogue 1236 close up


No comments: