Sunday, June 30, 2013

.

Welcome!

Let me introduce myself, my name is Lourdes.

I've been sewing since I was 11, I still remember the blue gingham dress with mutton sleeves and lace trim, that I made with my two little hands (greatly assisted by my mother).  I have always been interested in textiles, design, fashion history, I attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York and graduated with an Associates degree in Fashion Design and a Bachelors degree in Production Management Apparel. Later I would go back to school and earn my M.B.A. to meet the demands of the local job market.  Working for large companies and small, wearing many hats along the way, I find myself back to my passion and have spent my time focusing on all things related to fashion and how to make garments in general.  From pattern making to fitting, and learning new techniques, like machine embroidery and dyeing fabrics successfully.  I am blown away by the content available on the web, and how generous this community is.  This is my personal blog, and it is varied in content because I am nothing if not naturally curious.  

No comments: