My first time working with acetate slinky and I really liked the drape and loved the color. So I left it open instead of sewing it up the front to wear it layered. Part of the reason for this was that the slinky grew, and the armholes were very low, so you couldn't wear it alone. The temperatures here have not really cooled off and thinking about wearing layers makes me break out in a cold sweat, so, after having it lie in the closet for a month without wearing I decided to tackle it one more time.
This is the only photo that comes close to the true color (above)... gorg!!
Raised armhole required trimming the shoulders
I managed to trim off all of the black serger thread, you could actually see it through the fabric.
Here are some side by sides original vs altered.
On the right, I had lengthened the top 6" just to use up the entire yard of slinky and to experiment with the drape. On the left, it is very close to the pattern length.
It's also notable that this really isn't the fabric recommended by the pattern envelope (which states 2 way stretch). Slinky is a whole different animal which is likely why the armholes grew.